South Carolina free healthcare clinics.
Get information on medical assistance programs and free clinics near you in South Carolina. The non-profit as well as charity organizations provide free or low cost health as well as medical care. There are various services provided to children, adults, the elderly, disabled and uninsured, ranging from checkups to immunizations, prescription drug vouchers, eye exams, diabetes management and other help for low income families. Find free community clinics below as well as a referral number at the bottom of the page for other assistance in South Carolina.
Dozens of sliding fee clinics throughout the state provide health and medical care to patients, many as part of the Federally Government Qualified Health Center program or the Rural Health Clinics service. A variety of patient specific medical assistance is offered to those who qualify throughout the state. Some of the community clinics are free, and some may have a nominal fee involved that can be partly based on the patients income. Either way qualified patients can receive extensive assistance for their hospital bills or medical care. All of the centers are non-profits or charities and provide high quality care.
The free or low income clinics in South Carolina mostly employ volunteer doctors, nurses, dentists, and other medical professionals. The exact type and number of services will vary based upon the site, but in general they will provide a range of health, medical, medications, dental, pharmacy products, and some may even offer behavioral health services or free mental health counseling. Both low income and people with low or limited insurance can stop by the centers.
Local clinics in South Carolina County and city
The major cities and counties have a number of free community clinics for the poor, uninsured, and vulnerable, such as elderly or disabled. The centers bill patients based on their ability to pay, and they also help the uninsured. Also continue to scroll down to find more resources.
Additional free health centers by county
- Community Medical Clinic of Aiken County, 244 Greenville St., Aiken, South Carolina 29801. Phone 803.226.0631.
- Anderson Free Clinic, 414 N. Fant St., Anderson, SC 29621. For appointments, call 864.226.1294
- Honea Path (satellite) is at 34 N. Main St., Anderson, SC 29654. Call 864.226.1294
Beaufort County (Hilton Head)
- Volunteers in Medicine Clinic, 15 Northridge Drive, Hilton Head Island, South Carolina 29926. Call 843.681.6612
- Good Neighbor Free Medical Clinic of Beaufort, 1402 King Street, Beaufort, SC as well as 30 Professional Village Cir, Beaufort SC 29907. Main phone number - 843.470.9088. Patients can receive access to a number of services. They can include OB/GYN, family check ups, neurosurgeon, occupational health physicals, orthopedics, pediatrics, and urology. Some of the medical care is provided for free to qualified families.
- Charleston (St John & Wadmalaw Island) - Barrier Islands Free Medical Clinic is at Address is 226 Maybank Highway, Suite A, Johns Island, SC 29455. The number is 843.266.9800
- Community Impact for Christ, Inc., 106 Quail Lane, Summerville, South Carolina 29485. People of all income levels and insurance state can get help. The center will try not to turn anyone away. It is a non-profit that is part of the federal government Qualified Health Centers program.
- Charleston is also served by Crisis Ministries Health Clinic, 573 Meeting St, Charleston, SC 29413-0038. Call 843.723.9477. Everything from mental health counseling to free healthcare, medications and more is offered.
- North Charleston Dream Center Clinic, 5505 N. Rhett Avenue, North Charleston, SC 29406. Main phone number - 843.375.1099. The medical clinic can help South Carolina individuals that are low income, residents who are homeless or uninsured/underinsured. Assistance is also provided for students and children.
- Harvest Free Medical Clinic, 1670 Drydock Avenue, Bldg 10B, N. Charleston, South Carolina 29405. Call 843.747.3526. Some of what may be provided includes mental health check ups, physicals. and pharmacy services.
- ChesterGood Samaritan Medical Clinic, 139 Church St., Chester, South Carolina 29706. Call 803.385.6332
- Free Medical Clinic of Darlington County, Address of the clinic is 203 Grove St., Darlington, SC 29532. Main number is 843.398.0060
- Hartsville (satellite) is at 500 W. Carolina Ave, Hartsville, SC 29550. The number is 843.332.0422
- Dillon County Free Medical Clinic at The Hope House, 310 East Washington Street, Dillon SC 29536. Call 843-774-4241. The non-profit, sliding fee clinic offers free, yet quality health care to the uninsured, low income, unemployed and underinsured. Get free or low cost primary care, well and sick child services, immunizations or vaccinations, free flu shots and more. Case workers also help the low income and uninsured apply for prescription medication and laboratory assistance.
- Peachtree Medical Center, 100 Ridge Medical Plaza Rd, Edgefield, SC 29824. Main number is 803.637.3630
- Mercy Medicine Clinic, 514E S Dargan St, Florence, SC 29506. Call 843.667.9947. In addition to this facility, find other ways to get low priced or free health care, dental assistance, and prescription medications in Florence County. Another clinic is at 500 S Coit St, Florence South Carolina 29501.
Georgetown (Pawleys Island)
- Smith Medical Clinic at Baskrvill, 116 Baskerville Dr., Pawleys Island, South Carolina. For hours call 843.237.2672
- Greenville Free Medical Clinic, 600 Arlington Ave, Greenville, SC. Call 864.232.1470 (dir – ext 25). Both primary and some specialty care services are provided to low income and uninsured patients. This is one of the larger community clinics in South Carolina. HEalth care administered also includes cardiology testing, ENT, family medicine, integrative and internal medicine, and some basic neurology services.
- Northwest Crescent Free Clinic (satellite), 925 N Franklin Road, Greenville, SC 29617. Call 864.232.1470 ext 60 for an appointment.
- Greer Free Clinic (satellite), J Verne Smith Human Service Center, 202 Victoria St, Greer, SC 29650. Main number is 864.232.1470 ext 65. Get free dental, mental health, family practitioners and pharmacy services. Services are in Spanish too, and there is vision and hearing aid care too.
- Golden Strip Free Clinic (satellite), Golden Strip Child & Family Center, 1102 Howard Street, Simpsonville, SC 29681. Call 864.232.1470 ext 55.
- Taylors Free Medical Clinic, 400 W Main St, Taylors, SC 29687. Main number is 864.244.1134
- Greater Greenwood United Ministry (GGUM) Free Clinic, 1404 Edgefield Street, Greenwood, South Carolina 29646, Telephone: 864.942.0500. Exams, disease screening and control, and other emergency services are provided to the less fortunate. Low income families and senior citizens can also receive free health and maybe dental care.
- Clinica Gratis at Community Initiatives, Inc., 647 Grier Street Greenwood, SC 29646. Phone 864.223.7472
- Friendship Free Medical Clinic and Pharmacy, Patient line 843.347.7178. Many seniors from the region use this center. Also get information on prescription assistance programs, how to file Medicare claims, and other social services. Many agencies, clinics, and non-profits provide free health and dental care, and medications, in Myrtle Beach and Horry County.
- Kershaw Community Medical Clinic of Kershaw County. Call 803.713.0806. The address is 110 C E DeKalb St Camden South Carolina 29020. Free or low cost care is offered to migrant workers and in Spanish too. Get free primary medical care, work-related physical immunizations and examinations, prescription drugs, medical treatment for medical problems and more for low-income residents and the uninsured
- Good Shepherd Free Medical Clinic of Laurens County, 245 Human Services Road, Clinton, South Carolina, call 864.833.0017. Senior citizens and the elderly can receive health and/or dental care for their needs. Also, inquire into x-ray services, vision and ear tests, obstetrics, or get a free specialty referral.
- Clinica El Buen Samaritan, Main address: 1303 Sunset Boulevard, West Columbia, SC 29169. Call 803.530-8805. Inpatient services are offered at the free clinic. Medical care includes Colon/Rectal cancer screening program, Family planning, Diagnostic laboratory and radiological services, and emergency care too.
- Med Mission, PO Box 1661, Lexington, SC 29071, phone 803-530-8805. More Lexington County organizations that provide medical care, medications, and dental aid.
- Helping Hands Free Medical Clinic, 518 South Main Street, Mullins, SC 29574. For hours, call 843.464.0938. Basic care, check ups, HIV screenings, and free vision care. Social workers and staff can also provide social services to the needy.
- Free Medical Clinic of Newberry County, Location is 2568 Kinard St., PO Box 783, Newberry, South Carolina 29108. Phone 803.276.6665. Medications, flu shots, and other non-emergent care is provided.
- Orangeburg-Calhoun Free Medical Clinic, Address - 860 Holly St. PO Box 505, Orangeburg, SC 29116. Main phone - 803.534.7200. Another sliding fee health center for low income families is at the location of 141 Centre St., Orangeburg SC 29115
- Clemson Free Clinic, 105 Anderson Hwy, Clemson, SC 29633. Main number is 864.654.8277
- Samaritan Health Clinic of Pickens County, 303 Dacusville Hwy, Easley, SC. Call 864.855.0853 ext 10. Primary care, well and sick child services, school and work physicals.
- Clinica El Buen Samaritano, 7915 Old Percival Rd, Columbia, South Carolina 29223. Phone - 803.790.0239. The non-profit community clinic relies on government and private funding. The center offers the poor and low income with prenatal care, primary care for your family, well and sick child services, physicals, and maybe some over the counter medications.
- The Free Medical Clinic, 1875 Harden Street, Columbia, SC 29204. 803.765.1503. Patients and low income individuals can find a listing of other agencies and non-profits, including free clinics, that can help people with medical bills, health care expenses, and more.
- St Luke’s Free Medical Clinic, 411 S. Church St., PO Box 3466 Spartanburg, SC 29304. Call 864.542.2273
- Woodruff Clinic, PO Box 3440, Spartanburg, South Carolina 29304. Phone 864.476.2147. Numerous medical programs are administered. They include, but are not limited to, diabetes management, physicals, treatment for minor illnesses, women’s health services including pregnancy screening, and information on government care.
- There is a government qualified, Free Health Clinic. Location is 1083 Highway 35, St. Stephen South Carolina 29479. Main number is 843-825-3550. Everyone from the low income to uninsured can get help.
- York County Free Clinic. The free or low cost health center is at 410 Oakland Ave, Rock Hill SC 29730. Dial 803-366-6337.
- The Early Learning Partnership of York County, 403 Withers Building, Winthrop University, Rock Hill, SC 29733. Main number is 803.323.2180. South Carolina patients can receive minor services from diabetes and blood pressure checks. Many volunteer doctors and other professionals work at the community clinic.
- Palmetto Volunteers in Medicine Clinic, 235 S Herlong Ave, Rock Hill, SC 29732. Main phone - 803.366.6337
County Health Departments
These tend to focus more on public healthcare, such as vaccinations and immunizations. Also families in poverty or the uninsured can get Health Education Counseling Or Nutritional support, such as WIC or SNAP food stamps. There is also free Family Planning, Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) Testing and Treatment Or get information on Affordable Care Insurance Plans, Medicaid, or Medicare.
- Abbeville County Health Department, 909 W Greenwood St, Abbeville SC 29620. Call 864-366-2131
- Allendale County Health, 415 Memorial Ave. N., Allendale, SC 29810-2711. Dial 803-584-3818
- Barnwell County Health Department, 11015 Ellenton St, Barnwell, SC 29812. Call (803) 541-1061
- Chester County Health Department is at 129 Wylie St., Chester South Carolina 29706. Phone 803-385-6152
- Kershaw County Health Center is at 1116 Church St, Kershaw SC 29067. Call 803-425-6012
- Lexington County Health Department is based at 1070-B South Lake Dr, Lexington South Carolina 29073. For hours, dial 803-785-6550
- Newberry County Health Department address is 2111 Wilson Rd, Newberry South Carolina 29108. Telephone - 803-321-2170
- Orangeburg County Health Department, 1550 Carolina Ave, Orangeburg SC 29115. Main number is 803-533-5480
- Fairfield County Health Department offers public aid from 1136 Kincaid Bridge Rd, Winnsboro SC 29180. Dial 803-635-6481
- York County Health Department - 116 N Congress St, York South Carolina 29745. Main number is 803-684-7004
UCMAC Free Medical Clinic
Main address is 101 Center
Abbeville SC 29620
Patients can dial 864-366-0365
Rural Health Services - Clyburn Center for Primary Care
Address is 1000 Clyburn Place
Aiken SC 29801
For hours, call 803-380-7000
This location is part of the federal government Rural Health Clinics (RHCs) program. Migrant farm workers, the unemployed, low income and uninsured can get help. Get treatment of acute and chronic problems, cancer screening, well-child check-ups, and information on patient assistance programs from drug companies.
Mercy in Me Free Medical Clinic
Main address is 32 Foundry Hill Rd
Cheraw South Carolina 29520
Good Samaritan Medical Clinic
139 Church ST
Chester South Carolina 29706
Planned Parenthood - Columbia Health Center
2712 Middleburg Dr
Columbia South Carolina 29204
Everything from Women's Health to STI testing,, Pregnancy support, free birth control and pap smears or OBG/YN is given. A major focus is on women, but men’s healthcare is offered too.
AID and HIV Clinics in South Carolina
- 811 Pendleton St, Greenville SC 29601. Phone 864-250-0607
- Palmetto AIDS Life Support Services (PALSS), 2638 Two Notch Rd, Columbia SC 29204. Main phone 803-779-7257
New Horizon Family Health Services, Inc. - West Faris
Main address - 975 W Faris Rd
Greenville South Carolina 29605
Northwest Crescent Free Clinic at Crescent Child and Family Center
925 North Franklin Rd
Greenville SC 29617
Community Initiatives Clinica Gratis
212 Overland Dr.
Greenwood SC 29646
A major focus is on immigrants, migrants, and Spanish speakers.
Honea Path Free Clinic
Learn about programs at the main center at 34 Main St
Honea Path SC 29654
Helping Hands Free Medical Clinic
1328 N Main St
Marion SC 29571
Main number is 843-423-5212
A federal government qualified, low income clinic. Examples of assistance programs for adults, children, the elderly and immigrants include the following. Get free eye screenings or glasses as well as diabetes and high blood pressure management, insulin, or asthma.Doctors and nurses also offer medication as needed.
1145 Six Mile Rd
Mount Pleasant South Carolina 29466
Shifa Free Clinic
1092 Johnnie Dodds Blvd
Mount Pleasant SC 29464
Services are generally provided on an ability-to-pay basis - meaning patients pay based on their income or asset levels. Some free medications and healthcare may be administered.
Helping Hands Free Medical Clinic - Mullins
Location - 230 S Main St
Mullins SC 29574
Harvest Free Medical Clinic
1670 Drydock Ave
North Charleston SC 29405
Telephone number is 843-747-3526
Laboratory and x-ray services, stress testing, ultrasound and wound clinic, pediatrics, podiatry, pulmonary medicine and more low income care is given. They do take Medicaid or Medicare as well as offer a sliding fee scale.
South Carolina OAMHC - Orangeburg Mental Health Clinic
2319 Saint Matthews Rd
Orangeburg South Carolina 29118
Main phone number is 803-536-1571
Smith Medical Clinic
99 Baskervill Dr
Pawleys Island South Carolina 29585
For appointments, dial 843-237-2672
Geriatric care and other medical assistance focused on seniors or retirees in the region, including knee or hip surgery, CPAP machines, and more Medicaid and Medicare is accepted too, and care is also for people of all ages. However, free more CPAP machine assistance for the uninsured.
VIM Bluffton-Jasper County - Ridgeland Clinic Location
Address - 11332 N Jacob Smart Blvd
Ridgeland SC 29936
Rosa Clark Medical Clinic
210 S Oak St
Seneca SC 29678
Golden Strip Free Clinic is based at Center for Community Service
1102 Howard Dr
Simpsonville South Carolina29681
Phone number is 864-232-1470
The free clinic helps the poor, indigent, homeless, and low income. Find referrals to specialists or charity care from hospitals. There is also a prescription assistance program and mental health screenings, Nursing Home Care, Pediatrics, and disease screening.
St. Luke's Free Medical Clinic
162 N Dean St
Spartanburg SC 29304
For intake, dial 864-542-2273
No one is turned away as the free clinic is part of the Federally Qualified Health Center - FQHC service. There are family medicine doctors, dentists, pharmacists and mental health professionals for the low income.
Rural Health Services, Inc.
1000 Clyburn Pl
Aiken, SC 29801
- Another clinic is in the region too. it is the Margaret J Weston Medical Center at 4645 Augusta Rd., Clearwater, SC 29822. Telephone - 803-593-9283
Low Country Health Care System, Inc.
They offer various medical and dental care programs, with a sliding fee scale in place. There are physicals, cancer tests, Cholesterol Screening, Internal Medicine as well as a Family practice and more. Phone (803) 632-2533.
- 333 Revolutionary Trail, Fairfax, SC 29827.
- 86 Wren St., Barnwell, South Carolina 29812-1529,
- 333 Revolutionary Trl., Fairfax, South Carolina 29827-7109. The center offers the poor diabetes management, a prescription assistance program, and referrals to specialists.
- Family Medical Center - 19340 Solomon Blatt Ave. N., Blackville, South Carolina 29817-2304
Care South Carolina
They have several community health care centers. No one is turned away. Low income people in the Pee Dee region, people who are homeless or uninsured/underinsured or other medically underserved populations can get free or low cost medical care, medications, vaccinations, and even social services. Learn about food stamps, Medicaid, free eye glass programs and more.
- CSC Bishopville II Center, 106 Hospital Sq., Bishopville, SC 29010-7081. Telephone number - 803-484-5943
- 545 Sumter Hwy, Bishopville, SC 29010-7601, 803-484-5317
- 103 N. Kemper St., Lake View, SC 29563-3115. Main number is 843-759-2189
- 1268 S. 4th St., Hartsville, South Carolina 29550-0703. Dial 843-332-3422
- 212 3rd St., Cheraw, South Carolina 29520-2648. Phone 843-537-0961
- 500 West Blvd., Chesterfield, South Carolina 29709-1402. Dial 843-623-5080
- 225 S. Main St., Mc Coll, SC 29570-2020. Call 843-523-5751
WEST FAIRFIELD HEALTH CARE CENTER
12 Meadowlake Rd.
Blair, SC 29015
Receive free medical care, work-related physical immunizations, flu shots, and examinations for low-income residents. It also accepts Medicare or federal government Medicaid.
CRISIS MINISTRIES, INC.
573 Meeting St.
Charleston, SC 29403-4525
Dial for medical care - 843-723-9477
Medical care may be provided for your family, including treatment for minor illnesses, flu shots, and similar.
Eau Claire Cooperative Health Centers
They operate a number of variable rate clinics, hospitals, and other healthcare centers. Some are federal government qualified, many care is offered to everyone regardless of their insurance or ability to pay. Find assistance such as school and work physical, primary care, diabetes assistance, Comprehensive diagnostic and ancillary services, cancer screenings, family planning and more. There is free healthcare for the uninsured or variable rate billing, The elderly in SC, patients on Medicaid or Medicare can use the centers too. Call 803-733-5969 x4160
- West Site Medical Practice, Main address is 320 Harbison Blvd. Ste 290, Columbia, SC 29212-2228.
- Sterling Sharpe Pediatric Center, 4605 Monticello Rd., Columbia, South Carolina 29203-4156
- Five Points Walk-in Center, 1228 Harden St., Columbia, SC 29204-1800
- Waverly Family Practice, 2117 Gervais St., Columbia, SC 29204-1805
- Women’s Health, 1228 Harden St., Columbia, SC 29204-1800. OBGYN, cervical and breast cancer screenings, free pregnancy testing and other women care is from the free community clinic.
- 1115 State St., Cayce, SC 29033-4342. Call 803-733-5969 x4160 for intake
- Brookland Community Pediatrics - 500 N. 12th St., West Columbia, SC 29169-6502
- Lake Monticello Family Practice at McCrorey-Liston, 1978 SC-215, Blair SC 29015. Phone 803-337-2920
- Eastover Family Practice is at 3041 Old Eastover Rd, Eastover SC 29044. Call 803-353-8741
- Lake Monticello Family Practice, 9017 Hwy 215 S, Jenkinsville SC 29065. Telephone 803-298-2068
RICHLAND COMMUNITY HEALTH CARE ASSOCIATION
1520 Laurel St.
Columbia, South Carolina 29201-2623
Call 803-251-1789 for an appointment.
- Another option is at 3010 Farrow Rd., Columbia, South Carolina 29203-7607. Phone 803-251-1789
HEALTH CARE PARTNERS, INC.
Some cancer assistance can be provided, including cancer screening for males and females. There are also health maintenance exams, prescriptions, and free advice on finding and applying for health insurance, both government and private. Or the free healthcare center also offers geriatric assessments, psychosocial services, health education, therapy and referrals for specialty care and local hospitals.
- Or try the low cost medical center at 1708 Oak St., Conway, South Carolina 29526-3086. Telephone number is 843-248-4700
- 210 E. Dozier St., Marion, South Carolina 29571-3014. Call 843-248-4700
- 123 E. Broadway St., Johnsonville, SC 29555. Call 843-248-4700
- 1608 Main St., Conway, SC 29526-3572. Call 843-248-4700
Spartanburg Regional Clinic - Cowpens
112 Foster St.
Cowpens, SC 29330-8937
dial - 864-463-8515
Bernice G Scott Health & Human Services Center
120 Clarkson St.
Eastover, SC 29044-8769
Dial - 803-251-1789
Beaufort-Jasper-Hampton Comprehensive Health Services, Inc
There are multiple locations. They are government grant funded. No one is turned away, and medical care is in Spanish too. Call 843-987-7400
- 454 2nd St., Estill, South Carolina 29918-9375
- Leroy E. Browne Medical Center - 41 Ball Park Rd., Saint Helena Island, South Carolina 29920-5400
- Ruth Field is at Location - 721 N. Okatie Hwy, Ridgeland, SC 29936-8276
- 1520/30 Highway 278 West Grays Rd., Ridgeland, SC 29936
- 200 Elm St. E., Hampton, South Carolina 29924-3430
- 1320 Ribaut Rd., Port Royal, SC 29935-1118
- Elijah Washington Medical Center, 21 Paige Point Rd., Sheldon, SC 29941-2700
825 W. Evans St.
Florence, SC 29501-3439
ReGenesis Community Health Center
1419 N. Limestone St.
Gaffney, SC 29340-4748
ST. JAMES-SANTEE FAMILY HEALTH CENTER
4145 Powell Rd.
Georgetown, SC 29440-8136
Phone - 843-887-3274
NORTHWEST CRESCENT CENTER
925 N. Franklin Rd.
Greenville, South Carolina 29617-7600
- Or try the center at 130 Mallard St., Greenville, SC 29601-4046. 864-233-1534. Dozens of low income patients receive support from the clinic.
WEST END MEDICAL ALLIANCE
811 Pendleton St.
Greenville, SC 29601-3209
Main number is 864-751-3200
Carolina Health Centers
Various programs are offered. Get free or low cost dental, mental health and pharmacy services. There is Routine Primary Care, Diagnosis and Treatment of Illness. Or get free eye exams, testing or glasses or prescription drug discount cards. Or sign up for patient assistance programs. The community clinic also offers nutrition assistance and diagnosis and treatment of common ailments for low income people or the disabled as well as immigrants. There is also free or affordable care for people who are homeless or uninsured/underinsured or other medically underserved populations. Phone - 264-388-0301.
- Piedmont Physicians Women OB/GYN, 102 Katie Ct., Greenwood, SC 29646-4068
- The Children's Center, 113 Liner Dr., Greenwood, South Carolina 29646-2311. Call 864-388-0301
- Uptown Family Practice Center, 311 Main St., Greenwood, South Carolina 29646-2757.
- Ware-shoals Family Practice, 85 S. Greenwood Ave., Ware Shoals, South Carolina 29692-1534. Telephone - 864-388-0301
- Lakelands Family Practice Center, 17124 Highway 72 W., Waterloo, SC 29384-5144. Phone 864-388-0301
NEW HORIZON FAMILY HEALTH - GREER
111 Berry Ave. # A
Greer, SC 29651-1333
Main phone - 864-801-2035
Spartanburg Regional Clinic - Inman
5 S. Howard St.
Inman, SC 29349-1318
In addition to medical care for the low income, uninsured, or unemployed, there is also a basic dental. Focuses on dental needs, including cleanings, extractions, and more. Dentists provide assistance to the under and uninsured who meet income levels.
SANDHILLS MEDICAL FOUNDATION
The locations are non-profit, Federally Qualified Health Centers. Elderly, immigrants, migrant workers, patients with no health insurance and others can get free healthcare, based on their income. They also offer free tips on Affordable Care Act Enrollment and Counseling as well as Medicaid, CHIP insurance, or Medicare applications. There are pharmacy services, OBGYN, physical exams, health risk screenings, preventative health service, and more. Call 843-658-3005 or 843.335.8291.
- 409 E. Church St., Jefferson, South Carolina 29718-8701
- 425 N. Salem Ave., Sumter, South Carolina 29150-4115. Call 843-335-8291
- 1165 Highway 1 S. Ste 400, Lugoff, South Carolina 29078-8966. 843-335-6758
- 645 S. 7th St., Mc Bee, South Carolina 29101. Call 843-335-8291. Services offered, some for free, includes disease screening and control, medications, and diagnostic laboratory and radiological services. Also accepts Medicaid.
- 409 Church St, Jefferson SC 29718. Main phone 843-658-3005
- Another clinic is at 645 S 7th St, McBee SC 29101. Call 843-335-8291
Charleston and Low Country Family Health Center Clinics
Get free or affordable basic health care including physical examinations, immunizations, family planning. There are also referrals to charitable hospitals, specialty providers, blood test or cancer centers and other programs offered. the main office is at 13975 Church St, Williston South Carolina 29853. Call 803-266-0060
- Sea Island Medical Centers, Inc. - Johns Island, 3627 Maybank Hwy, Johns Island, South Carolina 29455-4825. Call 843-722-4112. Local families can receive physical examinations, immunizations, family planning. Call the South Carolina medical center for information on their free health care policies.
- Location of medical center 6326 Hollywood Dr., Hollywood, SC 29449-6131. Phone - 843-722-4112
- Cross Health Center is at 1659 Old Highway 6, Cross, SC 29436-3602. Call 843-722-4112
- Franklin C. Fetter Family Health Center, 51 Nassau St., Charleston, South Carolina 29403-5513. Main number is 843-722-4112
- Summerville Health Center, 700 N. Pine St., Summerville, South Carolina 29483-6641. Call Telephone - 843-722-4112
- 600 Padgett Loop, Walterboro, South Carolina 29488-4150. Community clinic phone number - 843-722-4112
ST. JAMES-SANTEE FAMILY HEALTH CENTER, INC.
1189 Tibwin Rd.
Mc Clellanville, SC 29458-9405
Call for help - 843-887-3274
Register for case management of specialty and inpatient services. Referrals are offered to regional non-profit hospitals if needed.
MCCORMICK FAMILY PRACTICE
219 N. Mine St. # A
Mc Cormick, SC 29835-8363
- Dental care may be offered at 219B N. Mine St., Mc Cormick, South Carolina 29835-8363. Call 864-388-0301. Extractions and cleanings may be offered, including for children.
MYRTLE BEACH REGION MEDICAL CENTER
Several centers help the poor, children, patients who lack health insurance and others. Case workers also help with CHIP, Medicare and Medicaid enrollment. Or get x-ray, vision testing, obstetrics, and other services.
- 7724 N. Kings Hwy, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572-3041. Phone - 843-663-1013 x11
- The County Health Department is at 00 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach, South Carolina 29577-7424. Call 843-663-1013 x11
- Main address: 509 9th Ave. N., Myrtle Beach, SC 29577-3785. Telephone - 843-663-1013 x11. The very low income and even homeless can get help from this clinic.
- 1075 Mister Joe White Ave. Ste 101, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577-5658. Main number 843-663-1013 x11
- Stephens Crossroads Health Department, 107 Highway 57 N., Little River, South Carolina 29566-7050. Phone 843-663-1013 x11
- Lrmc - Dental Preventative Program, 4303 Live Oak Dr., Little River, SC 29566-9138. Call 843-663-1013 x11. Call
- Family Health, 3204 Casey St., Loris, SC 29569-2810. Call 843-663-1013 x11
- Waccamaw Center For Family Health, 164 Waccamaw Medical Park Dr., Conway, South Carolina 29526-8903. Call Phone - 843-663-1013 x11
- Atlantic Beach Community Center, 1010 32nd Ave. S., Atlantic Beach, South Carolina 29582-4762. Call 843-663-1013 x11. Medical care provided includes free prescriptions for medicine, care for people swimming on the beach, laboratory and x-ray services
FREE MEDICAL CLINIC
2568 Kinard St.
Newberry, South Carolina 29108-2910
The low income and uninsured in South Carolina can receive free medical care from the clinic. Some patients will be billed based on a sliding fee scale.
LOWCOUNTRY PEDIATRICS & ADULTS
3973 Rivers Ave.
North Charleston, SC 29405-7058
- Or try the center at 2047 Comstock Ave., North Charleston, SC 29405-8117. Call 843-722-4112
BLACK RIVER HEALTHCARE
The affordable, sliding rate clinics give health screenings, pneumonia vaccines, prescriptions for medicine, pediatric care and general medicine. Also offers diagnostic procedures such as X-Rays and treatment.
- 139 Main St., Olanta, SC 29114. Phone 803-433-6790
- 86 N. Main St., Greeleyville, SC 29056-9374. Main number is 803-433-6790
- 210 E. Market St., Timmonsville, South Carolina 29161-1812. Call 803-433-6790
- 520 Thurgood Marshall Hwy Ste B, Kingstree, South Carolina 29556-4108. Call 803-433-6790
- Another clinic is at 12 W. South St., Manning, South Carolina 29102-2925. Call 803-433-6790
RMC Primary Care
1619 Carolina Ave.
Orangeburg, South Carolina 29115-4939
Phone - 803-395-3057
FAMILY HEALTH CENTERS, INC.
3310 Magnolia St.
Orangeburg, South Carolina 29115-1466
RIDGE SPRING FAMILY PRACTICE
201 Aiken Rd.
Ridge Spring, South Carolina 29129-9169
Full Spectrum Healthcare Center
- 324 Jones St., Rock Hill, South Carolina 29730. Dial 803-325-7744 x237
- Community Medicine is at 1131 Saluda St., Rock Hill, SC 29730-5776. Dil 803-325-8742
- 1131 Saluda St., Rock Hill, SC 29730-5776. Dial 803-325-7744 x237. Numerous medical professionals and physicians can treat illness, diseases, and other basic conditions.
- Boyd Hill - 313 Fargo St., Rock Hill, SC 29732-2870. Dial 803-325-7744 x237
- 115 Cestrain Square, Chester, SC 29706. Call 803-581-0574
FAMILY HEALTH CENTERS
The center may offer blood pressure checks, annual check ups, and screenings. If someone meets income limits and they lack proper health insurance, then some care is provided for free. There is also HIV screenings, social services and vision, sports & employment physicals, and outreach or referrals services.
- 558 Chestnut St., Saint Matthews, South Carolina 29135-8104. Telephone - 803-531-6900
- 10278 Old Number 6 Hwy, Vance, SC 29163, call 803-531-6900
- Another clinic is at 7061 Norway Rd., Neeses, SC 29107-9021. Call Call - 803-531-6900
- 1241 Sol Blatt Blvd., Denmark, South Carolina 29042-2509. For hours dial 803-531-6900
- Main address is 401 Ridge St., Saint George, SC 29477-2451. Phone - 803-531-6900
- 655 Laurel St., Orangeburg, SC 29115-4834. Call 803-531-6900
SALUDA FAMILY PRACTICE
219 Greenwood Hwy
Saluda, South Carolina 29138-1143
Primary phone 864-388-0301
The clinic offers free non-emergency, outpatient medical services to those that qualify.
NEW HORIZON FAMILY HEALTH -SLATER
100 Lindbergh St.
REGENESIS COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER
Main address - 750 S. Church St.
Spartanburg, South Carolina 29306-5348
A charity care programs is offered for people that meet poverty guidelines.
SUMTER FAMILY HEALTH CENTER
1278 N. Lafayette Dr.
Sumter, SC 29150-2964
Call 803-774-4500 x545 for hours.
More locations of free South Carolina clinics and health centers near you
The listing above is only a sampling of the numerous community clinics, government qualified health centers and low income programs that operate across South Carolina. Every year the locations provide help to tens of thousands of local families, and they accomplish this by either offering free services or reduced rates.
Patients can get everything from standard checkups, care for their entire family, up through free prescription drugs or insulin from the South Carolina clinics. However, if you need additional support, or in order to find a center that may be closer to where you live, dial 803-713-5993.